View Single Post
Old 07-02-14, 09:56 AM
wheelreason

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked 651 Times in 385 Posts
Originally Posted by spdracr39
When making small adjustments to speed in a paceline is it better to drag the front brake or the rear brake. I'm talking very small adjustments for the accordion effect. I understand soft pedaling and all but I still had a hard time matching speed when near the back of the paceline. I just seemed to notice if I used the rear brake they would often say slowing even though we really weren't.
If folks around you are yelling "slowing" when you touch your brakes, you are being heavy handed. Practice keeping a constant distance all the time, and anticipating changes in speed of the group. Also, sounds like your group shouldn't be riding too close together. Its best to ride with experienced riders, or at least folks you are familiar with when learning to follow a wheel. The lightly squeeze the brakes while pedaling thing is a good beginner/intermediate technique. You'll get better with saddle time, also be off to one side just a tad, in case you find yourself too close. rubbing wheels is an advanced skill...