View Single Post
Old 07-03-14, 03:37 AM
Bicycle Addict

Bikes: Marin Bolinas ridge, Carlton Corsa 5, Falcon Olympic 12, 98 Shesh Rockhopper,

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got it going and went for a ride for about half an hour along the side of a water way down the end of my road(about 300 metres away, it rode super nice, good tyres for this wet time of the year, quite slushy mud and some very slippery leaves.

Bar height is way to low for a fatty like me, so I will put in a riser bar, the gear cables are longer for this exact reason, I should only need to replace the front brake cable which is no biggy.

Front cable routing was done via the Tektro unit bolted into the fork, very very nice . . . no more cable squashed up under the stem!!
Feels so much more free in movement. Extra adjuster too, mint.

Tyres are both Tioga(obviously) and are very nice together, out of the parts department, but i am thinking of going Panaracer Smoke on the rear and a Dart on the front, I have access to a few.
Did anyone run this combo back in the day? Should I go that way?
Flattish to hilly riding(not MTB type riding more ATB) with muddy slushy gravel/mud type riding in the winter, dry loose gravel tar seal riding in the summer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
new 008.jpg (94.8 KB, 153 views)
new 009.jpg (95.3 KB, 148 views)
new 010.jpg (95.4 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by Bicycle Addict; 07-03-14 at 03:54 AM.