PhotoJoe 
Just Plain Slow

Bikes: Lynskey R230

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CactoesGel
I didn't think this was the forum for that crap.
Sadly, you were mistaken, and it's a shame. I think you made a great choice. You set a budget, you did your research, you made a choice. Now, when you get it, ride it like you stole it! By the way, welcome to BF. It really is a great place to learn, share and hang out.

And when you get the bike, pix or it didn't happen!!!

Getting back to the original topic - can you tell us more about yourself? You were a runner. That implies you may be in decent shape? What type of riding do you want to do? Any injuries?

If you likes the Synapse, you owe it to yourself to ride a Giant Defy Advanced. Before I bought my bike, I took a day and test rode every bike any shop would allow me to ride. The list included:

Giant Defy Advanced 2 and 3 (different models)
Tarmac
Roubaix
Synapse
Orbea Onyx
Felt Z something

My observations - The Defy Advanced 2 was my favorite hands down. The Orbea was my least favorite, the Synapse barely beat that, though to be fair, it was one size too small. The entry-level Roubaix felt dead. The only way I can explain the ride on the Tarmac is that it BEGGED to be ridden harder and mocked me when I couldn't deliver. I loved it, but thought it would be a good +1 bike for me.

So, then I took a year and a half for a medical issue, but when I came back, I bought my Lynskey - and yes, this was my first road bike since high school.

I'm not saying the Synapse isn't a great bike. You have to ride what feels best to you, and if it's the Synapse, then that's the right bike for you, no matter what other people think. But ride all you can and see which bike "speaks" to you, then enjoy whatever it is you decide to buy.