View Single Post
Old 07-05-14, 05:51 AM
Baboo

Bikes: Bike Friday NWT, Rans Stratus, Cannondale R500, trek 720 multitrack, Rockhopper

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Walter S
Do you have people that creep along behind you in a car and just can't pass even though they have gobs of room? Why do you suppose that is? Once in a while I have a dramatic situation like yesterday, where a driver followed me up a 1/3 mile hill while I pedaled up at about 8 mph. I was well over to the side. The road was straight with clear visibility. No oncoming cars at all.

Then when we got to the top of the hill, I went thru a stop sign and she turned left. So no, she was not patiently waiting for me so she would not right-hook me at her turn (not that she risked that based on my speed).

Sometimes I think people want to prove that I'm slowing them down. Or are they drivers that are so paranoid about hitting a cyclist that they'll wait indefinitely? It's just crazy. Maybe they like the way I look in lycra?
I didn't read this whole thread it so pardon if this has been said. I had a lady explain to me why after I got off the road to let her by. She couldn't see over the top of the hill for oncoming traffic. I could see ok because of my higher position on the bike. She was simply being thoughtful of both of our safety.