View Single Post
Old 07-05-14, 09:21 PM
ModeratedUser17082018

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by RaikageZero
That's great amount of distance for someone who is just recovering from a heart attack. The bike looks like it's weighed down a lot with all of that gear on it though. If you could lighten it up, you could go farther or cover 20 miles with much less effort. If you ask me, you'd only need that much gear if you're trekking really far distances with no plan of coming home the same day.

Or are the stuff inside for your medical emergencies?
Thanks for the words of encouragement. The handlebar bag and rear rack bag carry tools, rain gear and a cell phone in case I have to call 911 again. It's all new to me so I'm experimenting with gear and bags.

At this point I'm overjoyed to be able to ride a single mile. My heart attack left me in the ICU for 10 days followed by another 12 days in a regular recovery room. It was assumed by all that I would go home in a box. It was a 5 hour ordeal from the onset of symptoms to the emergency room. I live on an island and the only hospital that could give me a chance is on the mainland. It was a harrowing ride in the ambulance which included a ride on a ferry on which I was the sole passenger - they held up all traffic waiting to load just to get me to the hospital.

For now, I'm just trying to get thru my days.