Old 10-16-05, 02:31 PM
Ineedhelp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bhh
I JUST GOT AN EMAIL!

"Hello! The bike is trek and it was purchased in 2005 and it was never used and yes i have a receipt.please write me in email so we can talk more hope to hear from you soon with good news"

Well I think this clears it up.
This guy's full of sh... If there is a bike, it's stolen. This is a good possibility--as it doesn't sound like he knows much about the bike other than what he may be reading off the labels on it that say Dura Ace and Ultegra...and are filling in the rest with with their vaste knowledge of road bikes (ie., the name Trek) and the rest from their K-mart mountain bikes their parent's bought them--in other words, it sounds to me like 2 teenagers who stole a bike and practicing their skills at setting up an e-bay account to get a few bucks from it--maybe even afraid to give the exact make and model out of paranoia that whoever they stole it from might check e-bay and recognize their bike...

That is, if there even is a bike.

But the ad says they accept Paypal, and might be worth $150 ($100 + $50 shipping) to check it out. If they don't deliver, supposedly, paypal will refund your money--or you should be able to dispute the charge on your credit card.

But I'm thinking that after winning, the seller might claim their paypal account is down, and ask for a money order--and if dumb enough to agree, kiss that money goodbye!