View Single Post
Old 07-07-14, 04:21 PM
ChiroVette

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
they are sort of annoying (the smaller the better) and the video is wicked boring unless something happens
Absolutely! Which is why I would want to make it much shorter than an actual ride and hopefully relevant to anyone I am targeting to watch it. Again, hopefully! lol

Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
I love the great cycling videos. I keep thinking I need a trainer so I could watch the videos and get in a pretend ride... during the off season. It you already edit videos... and enjoy doing that... cycling videos would make a great secondary hobby. If you've never put in the hours of making a decent video and producing it to DVD to share with friends... it might be fun to try.
I hear you. Admittedly, I am far from a pro, or even a particularly good novice, but I do enjoy editing videos of stuff. I post videos of my band on Youtube all the time. I also do a lot of stuff with videogaming, and since I bought this beautiful new Scott Foil 30 racing bike, I am enjoying the hell out of it, and figured I would turn yet another hobby into a vanity exercise of Youtube self-indulgence. lol Like I said, it isn't that I am particularly good at making videos, but I enjoy it, and I would never, in a million years, post a video a three hour ride that was anything close to the three hours. I am actually working on a bike video I made yesterday and am just uploading it to Youtube now. It was a nice 32 mile ride, but I distilled it down to about 26 minutes, taking footage not with a helmet cam but with my smart phone and iPad.