Author Guy

Bikes: 2012 Roubaix Pro, 2011 Roubaix Expert, 2006 Tarmac S-Works

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Please tell us your age.
1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides.
6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
I'm 68½ and ride three different bikes depending on mood.
1. 2005 Specialized Allez (fast)
2011 Specialized Sirrus (Hybrid - comfortable)
2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert (my fav - fast and comfortable)

2. I take pain meds every morning along with Vitamin B12 & D3, multi-vitamins, and Cognitine for mental acuity and, uh, that other thing, uh, memory.

3. The muscles and joints just aren't as flexible and responsive any more so yeah, I've slowed down considerably. Doesn't stop me though.

4. I biked a lot as a kid, wanted to train for the Tour de France but they don't take high school kids. Took it up again in the early 90s for a short while, started again seriously in mid 2012.

5. I'm a recreational and health rider. I'm looking for some more roads w/o too much traffic in Reno. There's a great bike path following the Truckee River, too bad the surface is in such neglect (cracks and tree root speed bumps). Overall a decent ride.

6. I ride every morning (weather permitting) 17-20 miles/day, some days two rides, about 120mi/wk. 1722 miles so far this year. Didn't start collecting these road bikes until January and sold the old clunker '92 MTB (it went to a good home).

A day without riding is like a day without...

Last edited by Greybeard712; 07-09-14 at 12:31 AM.