View Single Post
Old 07-09-14, 10:41 AM
heliocopters

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kabuki Mixte

Hello, all. I recently went to a bike co-op and found a Kabuki Mixte (unsure about other specifics) in really great shape that looks like it's from the late 70s or 80s. It's $120. It will need fenders and probably a nicer saddle eventually. I hadn't heard of Kabuki before I saw that bike. I needed something really light that could easily get on and off bus bike racks, and it fulfills that need. I'll be using the bike for commuting (4 miles each way with hills) and leisure riding--I won't be running any races soon or doing anything all that athletic.

They're holding the bike for me up to a week while they tune it, and then I have 10 days to make a final decision. The volunteer at the co-op said he personally thought it was a nice bike, above entry-level, but said it would probably only go for $250 if it were being sold in a bike shop new today.

I just want to know if this is a good bike, at least for what I need it for, or if it's a piece of junk and if I should look for something better.

Thanks!