View Single Post
Old 07-10-14, 07:41 AM
sijray21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbbean
Crit Q: I'm able to consistenty hold a position in the front 1/3 of the pack, and finish with the front pack, but in 3 out of the last 4 races, the top 5 or 6 finishers jumped in the last 1/4 lap, and I just couldn't join them.
Does this sound like a training issue or a strategy issue? FWIW, on the ride home from the race, I consistently knock out a few PRs and fast hill climbs, so I know I've got the legs to do better, but they just aren't there when I need them.

BB
sounds like a strategy issue or a combination of both. were these the same riders in each race?

given both riders are the same weight, ftp, etc., the one who attacks first forces the other to work harder to catch-up unless you can use them as a wind shield and use less power to stay on their wheel. it seems that those riders are able to save more energy for a 30-second or 1-minute effort than you're able to. Although they're likely putting themselves at risk of being or being collected in a crash if they're staying in the back/middle.