Old 07-10-14, 10:50 PM
seanpatrick76

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse 105, 2014 specialized Tricross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikeideas
I decided that I wanted an eyeglass-mount mirror for riding yet was unhappy with the size and design of the available products (T-a-L, 3rd-I). So I made my own.

Posted here for you to copy - maybe you have DIY time before your trip.

Just an update - that new helmet I purchased turned out to be to small - I don't know why I didn't notice in the store but I realized it sat WAY to high on my head. The upshot of it was I actually had 2 different people shout encouragement at me while 1. riding up a hill and 2. just riding down the street (You can Do IT!, and some thumbs up) as I think the disparity between the size of the helmet and the actual size of my head (whilst being an all white helmet - a la hockey helmet) made me look mentally challenged.

In any case I bought a proper road bike helmet that fit, which didn't have a visor, so ended up ordering the Blackburn Road mirror. It attaches (or is meant to attach) to the break hoods, in my case I have it attached to part of the drops. It works quite well for my purposes, shakes a lot - but I think I prefer it to the helmet method. Bonus is it can easily detach from one side and be moved to the other side of the drops for Europe. Blackburn Road Mirror at WesternBikeworks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
niagara photo.jpg (88.9 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by seanpatrick76; 07-10-14 at 10:54 PM.