Old 07-11-14, 07:04 AM
Hauptmann6

Bikes: Giant Escape 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acceleration
I didn't know you could do that! Thanks! I had heard that some people preferred the steel fork because they thought it provided greater stability while riding. Thoughts?
I have the alloy fork. I don't notice a difference from my previous bike. It's just a little lighter. But I'm no expert.

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
I'm not sure that you would be spared from a bike thief, just by going to a $100 cheaper bike, but you may be denying yourself a bike that suits you better.

If you get something like the top D-Locks/U-Locks from Abus or Kryptonite, a bike thief is going to need an angle grinder to be able to steal your bike, and will have to spend quite a while making one hell of a racket and fireworks show from sparks, to get it.

I suspect that literally all of the bikes stolen from Universities, have had mediocre to middling bike locks on them.
And exactly what he said. And I bet a good percent weren't even locked up.

I also made changes when I bought mine. I had them put on a trekking bar for all the added hand positions. I knew from my previous bike that a flat bar would not be good on the distances I do. And I had a package rack installed as well.