View Single Post
Old 07-14-14, 07:43 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1223 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by Pompiere
I keep seeing this statement repeated, but both pairs of Paselas that I have measure exactly what the sidewall says they should.
Mine too. All five bikes within a mm or what they claim to be, certainly not a whole size too small.

Originally Posted by Wogster
I think 1" was about it, there may have been some custom ones, there were two issues, one is that hooked rims were not common in that size, and without it, you were pretty much limited to 80PSI and lower.
In fact, I don't recall ever seeing any reference to hooked rims at all back then. Of course I may have forgotten. I ran them at the rated psi on the straight-sided Fiamme Yellow Label clincher rims, not a superb rim but light. Never had a blow-out until recently when I tried running a 25mm Pasela on them at its rated 115psi. That prompted me to rebuild the wheels with different rims.