Old 07-15-14, 10:21 PM
TeamG

Bikes: Serotta Single, Litespeed Ultimate, Cannondale CAAD 4, Calfee Tetra Tandem, Trek 1000 Sold, Santana Arriva, Sold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twocicle
Yes, many of us do have experience running T-R-P calipers on our tandems. It may be a bit confusing exactly what works and doesn't, because unfortunately this SPYPE thread is constantly highjacked by HY/RD users who can't seem to create their own thread.

Regardless of caliper type, most squealing can be resolved by choosing a different rotor because the resonance frequency will change. I have yet to have any squealing from the Shimano ICE rotors with either the BB7 or the TRP Spyre.

TRP has their own adapter bracket which is a different height than the Avid (which adds their CPS washers), but I've found the 203mm TRP adapter is not as thick and does not align the caliper perfectly centered horizontally... needing either/both filing or thin washers to place the caliiper centered over the rotor.

When properly aligned/installed, the Spyre does seem to have great stopping power and does not have plastic parts as with the BB7. We are currently using the 203mm Shimano Saint RT99 Centerlock rotor on the rear braking and it is very smooth.
Thank you for the insight! My bad on the TPR vs TRP….fingers flying….Chojn1…I will try it with keeping the Avid rotor and then change out the rotor if necessary……don't you think its odd that its just the front squealing….and not both the front and rear? Just a thought.

Thanks again!