Old 07-16-14, 06:37 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by rousseau
You're drawing an ignorant caricature of the rest of the world outside of North America as being full of saps too poor to play anything other than football.
I take it you missed the part where I didn't introduce those points and was using them against the guy that did? If you have a problem with the "ignorant caricature," take it up with your soccer bro.

And you can flip your weak caricature on its head and claim that a lot of the African-American players in American sports leagues grow up without the opportunity to play very many sports, which is why they tend to be concentrated in the NFL, NBA and baseball.
No, actually you can't.

In the end you can't argue against personal preference.
Then why have you spent much of the thread doing so?

But if you had to use one metric to define the greatness of a sport, popularity would probably be the best one to use.
Nonsense.

Which seems to bother a lot of Americans on this site who can't accept the merest mention of football/soccer without throwing a hissy fit. There's something weird going on with that. Seems like a sort of psychosis.
Hissy fit? Seems to me that most of the verbal flailing about is coming from those arguing the point of "soccer is the greatest sport in the world," where as the rest of the folks are expressing a rather non-emotional, "nah - you can keep it," stance. It's funny, though, that you're accusing us of going emotionally overboard about a sport that Americans can't find a reason to become emotionally invested in (despite decades of exposure from an early age).