Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
Yes, I think I get what you're saying: that instead of hammering on people for being negligent, instead gives them a positive reminder that these people are worth protecting so be extra careful.
Oh you do get it after all. And also that cyclists are people you might know.

Originally Posted by tandempower
I think you must be recovering from a barage of experiences with being admonished for things in a negative way (e.g. "don't do that," "you shouldn't do that," etc.) and this wore on you emotionally and so you are especially moved when people put an effort into saying it in a more positive way, e.g. "it would be good if . . .," "here's a motivating reason to do . . .," etc. You don't want to hear anyone say, "that's bad and people shouldn't do it." Is this the reason you have such a problem with what you call my 'negativity' or is there more to it than that?
And then ... what a weird comment.

If you really want to know ... about your negativity ... when you type you paint such a depressingly bleak picture of the world. I don't see the world as such a bleak place. I think the world is a beautiful place and I'm happy with the way things are ... most things.

And with regard to the topic ... I'm impressed with all the cycling ads on TV. I think it's great!