View Single Post
Old 07-18-14, 08:27 PM
raqball

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by badger1
Understood re. Di2; if you have developed a preference for electronic shifting, then that's that. Each to his own.

However, the geometry is a different thing. I am a dedicated, and now long-time "flat-bar roadie".

In my view, flat-bar road bikes are, and should be, just that: flat-bar road bikes. From my perspective, the design (geometry) requirements for such a bicycle are different from those for a drop-bar bike. In particular, effective t/t length, which should be -- for a given 'size' -- some 2 to 4 cms. longer than that of an equivalent drop-bar bike. That is, and has been, my reason for not switching from my 2010 Sirrus Comp to something like a full-carbon Sirrus. Lovely as those bikes are (e.g. yours), they are not for me. I fit perfectly (drop-bars) on a 54 Roubaix. However, a 54 ("Medium") carbon Sirrus -- which these past few years is a 54 Roubaix -- is simply too short (t/t length). I am not willing to compromise by 'sizing up', and I don't want a "sit up and beg" position on my bike, which is what I would have on a 54 w/flat-bars.

So, what you see as "odd" I see as Specialized finally putting things right as far as geometry is concerned. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. We agree about the colour, though!
I have obviously never ridden the bike and my comment that it looks odd could just be because of the angle of the photos or the lighting. Same goes for the color, it may look better in person for all I know..

I am all for them making a bike with geometry that is flat bar road bike designed / specific. While I don't have any issue at all with the geometry of my bike, I might ride that thing and go holy cow!