View Single Post
Old 07-20-14, 07:58 PM
Moyene Corniche

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Enough reminiscing about yesterday's ride.
Met up in NoHo, was to be a B group ride, most of the other's heading off to W-Hampton for the Fundo. I set off from Holyoke to meet at Pulaski Park / Academy of Music for the ride. Thought I'd be late so down 141 and TT'd all the way. Unecessary as everyone hung out for at least 15 minutes after 9am.
Ride was headed up River Road towards Turner Falls and back. There was only 7 of us but the average pace was consistently about 38-41kph. So much for the B easier ride. I believe Gary ? was the one driving most of the way. Just a big gear and go. I'm tall at 6.3 but he's taller than me and larger, which is nice to be able to draft behind someone bigger, and who just motors up the road.
I would call yesterday's ride " The Acela Express " In all with my added to and from Holyoke it was about 115km, but with the pace of the main ride it was definitely a Hammer Ride.
I do and must add that the two ladies who were along Aleesa and Katerine ( I think ) were at the front pulling just as well as everyone else. Did have one mishap on an uphill, Aleesa overlapped my rear wheel just as I moved over to the left and went down. I still feel sorry as I should have been aware of a less experienced rider behind me and where they were at all times. it was a slow pace uphill and no damage other than a couple light scrapes and perhaps bruised esteem.

So today was a rest day since I have to redress my BB and rear wheel. Had to attend to projects and obligations anyway..