View Single Post
Old 07-20-14, 08:39 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,789 Times in 639 Posts
[QUOTE=jjhabbs;16957975]
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
I did a little searching.... and this PDF tells how to remove the lock and ID the replacement key number you need... as well as where the new key can be found.

Index of /raleigh_fork_lock.pdf[/QUOTE

Wow. thanks for the link. Im pretty sure Im going to want a key for it. We are asking the original owner if they could try to find it. I am the SECOND owner of this bicycle. It belonged to my young neighbors father inlaw. He was going to bring it to good will. they knew I was into bicycles and asked if I wanted it. Honestly I'm not a 3 speed expert but after seeing all the features on this bicycle I knew it was a little special. I haven't paid him yet for it. What do you guys think its worth? He left the price up to me.
I would say they bike is worth $400-600 potentially. Yet sense he was going to give it away I would go with splitting the differnce and pay him maybe $200-250 you both walk away feelling it's a better than you hoped for.