Old 07-20-14, 10:06 PM
Cognitive

Bikes: Specialized Expedition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very good input so far...

In terms of 'fun' ride, yes, it is fun. Very much so. The trail offers a variety of, ehem, visual distractions to keep it interesting, it is mostly shaded and goes thru parts of town that are visually appealing too. No concerns there. Where else would you see a 3-wheel recumbent the size of an SUV all canary yellow painted with some truly ancient looking guy skillfully piloting it and an attached boom box blasting the Ride of the Valkyries?

In terms of frequency that's tougher. I can do an hour a day and 90 minutes on weekends. Not likely to change due to family etc. so I'm looking at best 10 miles a day, 15 on the weekends once I reach my goal of 10mph. Subtract a day for weather or other calamities so we're talking maybe 60 miles a week.

In terms of food, well... I'm a foodie so there are changes being made there. It's a long term project but very encouraging so far.

I absolutely love the trail etiquette, and people are very polite, at rest stops they will talk to you, admire your wheels, offer encouragement, etc. Very nice.