Old 07-21-14, 04:12 PM
rideaz

Bikes: Giant TCR, Giant Anthem, Felt CX

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waterrockets
I think this is one of those instances where you may not logically pull it together so it makes good sense. If you have the support of friends and family to keep all the balls in the air that you normally juggle, and you trust them, then you might consider just pulling the trigger and taking them up on it. Then you can focus on making sure everyone knows what they need to know before you go, rather than feeling guilt about committing. Then whip out the massage gift cards and dinners out for those to whom you are in debt when you get back...

Kind of an ask for forgiveness angle, but responsibly. Don't know enough about your situation, but that's how I ended up going to watch the USAProCC. Enough people said, yeah, "we got this, go." And my wife said to commit before I made enough of a deal out of it that people started changing their minds
Great insight and ideas WR! My kids would be taken care of and no problem to get time off work. My issue is finding someone to do the 11-12 hour drive with me. I don't feel comfortable driving there by myself. I think I might have it figured out though. Going to keep trying