View Single Post
Old 07-21-14, 04:25 PM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DogBoy
Not "seriously" but deinately upscale. I have done it but get the stink-eye something fierce. If it were just the bar staff, no biggie, they usually are fine after they see the tab. The co-workers are more the issue since they sit right by the door and suck me into the discussion before I can clean up. Its not really my own time. Typically this is actually work-related meetings. The venue affords more flexibility when describing the given constraints around budget and timeframe, but it is still about project issue resolution. This is one of the downsides of being "exempt."

I hadn't thought of doing the freshen-up outside before. That would probably work. I carry the clothing change already from riding to work. I'll try the powder tip too. Thanks.

As a more upscale establishment they should be frowned upon for not allowing their patron to make themselves more presentable versus frowning on their patron using their facilities to make themselves presentable.

As an exempt salary employee I understand and appreciate the never off work thing. Thankfully I work in a much more relaxed environment and am not usually faced with this; also I work on a fairly solitary basis. Plus I can't take my chemistry home with me, reports are another story.

To me the issue is a sign of the greater problem at hand; the constant need to be available in the modern day working world. We are more productive with time off; this is anecdotal but likely backed up by some research I am not willing to search and cite at the moment.

I am a proponent of work less, play more, but work harder when you work.

I find that if I know I have no room to change and rinse off I just bring a damp/wet wash rag in a ziplock and a hand towel. Cool down, wipe down, dry off, apply deodorant, fresh shirt, slip shorts (or pants if needed) over my lycra. It is nice if there is a park nearby and you can lie in the grass to relax/cool off; hence my suggestion to ride hard there. Then relax. I find that I can pack and roll a whole change or work cloths (not including shoes) into a bundle about the size of two standard size thermos'.

Is this establishment frequented regularly or part of a rotation of places? I would call management and ask them what they prefer you do?