Old 07-25-14, 12:57 PM
cs1

Bikes: Specialized, Schwinn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Bicycle Addict
Hey guys a very pleasant update on my Specialized Hardrock build, I went to get the bike below last night after 2 weeks of purchasing.

We got robbed going on 2 weeks ago, I had won the auction 2 days before we were robbed and was planning to pick up the bike the day after we were robbed, I emailed the trader telling him what had happened he told me not to worry about how long I needed?? Awesome, so we go there last night, I go to give the guy the $40 and he refuses!?!? He tells me "After what you have been through, I would like you to keep the money" I just about fell over.
I could not walk away with the bike with out given him something and after thanking him for his thought, told him I would like to give him half, that way we both had a $20 note . . he politely refused, then his son who had relayed messages came to the door and introduced himself, he then turns to his dad and says "Dad, the guy really wants you to take the money" his dad still refused, so I gave his son the $20 Thanked them both and walked away.
I got the bike home and it is in very good condition, originally bought to supply parts for the '87 Hard rock I am building for this thread, I now find myself wanting to keep this bike together, which could be a pain as I mainly wanted the U Brake as I am finding it hard to source one!!!
So I wonder what you guys think I should do?
I have a modern Exposure U Brake but would like to go retro.
That's great, it restores my faith in humanity.