Old 07-25-14, 02:04 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by RPK79
Are you saying you would have locked their bike up with your lock leaving them with an inaccessible bike, and thus stranded? Or, are you saying that you would have waited around for them to come back, potentially for many hours, so as not to leave them with an unlocked bike, even though they were at fault.
I once saw a really expensive sportbike with the keys in the ignition as I got off the SI Ferry in lower Manhattan. I took the keys out and left my office number taped to the gas tank. I worked at Chambers and Broadway. I thought I would get a phone call around 4:00pm since the bike had already been in town before I got off the boat. I got off at 5. The guy never called to find out what happened to his keys until after 6. A co-worker waited with me and the guy eventually got to my office around 6:30. I got $20 in 1995 dollars for my trouble. We do have cell phones now. Having ones bike imobilized with a way of getting it free would not be the worst consequence for being so careless as to lock your bike to someone elses. I don't think anyone would be that put out. OTOH if, as a result of someone leaving their bike unsecured in a high theft area... ... anyway... I've made my point I think. Have a nice weekend.

H