Old 07-26-14, 06:15 PM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Liked 1,703 Times in 937 Posts
Originally Posted by Bicycle Addict
Hey guys a very pleasant update on my Specialized Hardrock build, I went to get the bike below last night after 2 weeks of purchasing.

We got robbed going on 2 weeks ago, I had won the auction 2 days before we were robbed and was planning to pick up the bike the day after we were robbed, I emailed the trader telling him what had happened he told me not to worry about how long I needed?? Awesome, so we go there last night, I go to give the guy the $40 and he refuses!?!? He tells me "After what you have been through, I would like you to keep the money" I just about fell over.
I could not walk away with the bike with out given him something and after thanking him for his thought, told him I would like to give him half, that way we both had a $20 note . . he politely refused, then his son who had relayed messages came to the door and introduced himself, he then turns to his dad and says "Dad, the guy really wants you to take the money" his dad still refused, so I gave his son the $20 Thanked them both and walked away.
I would have been the dickbag trying to get you to take the bike and let life smile on you.

Sorry for the robbery situation.

Thanks for that story,

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.