Fishmonger
Hooray for most things!

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kc4sox
I guess I'm pretty lucky. Even though there are relatively few road cyclist in this area, the drivers are generally VERY considerate. The laws here require a 3 foot safety buffer but, most drivers will use the opposite side of the road to pass on country roads. And, wait to pass until it's obviously clear to do so. Having said that we still have our share of Ass Clowns. Most of them are young guys with buddies in the car with them. I guess it's a testosterone thing. I'm pretty sure it's a southern / country culture thing. People are just more considerate and gracious here in the south. Especially in small rural communities. BUT, whenever I ride remote country roads and, especially when the better half is with me I do pack heat. I'm no John Wayne but, I don't want to be out in the boonies facing 2 or three young punks alone. Generally speaking, I just ignore the few idiots I encounter. I won't give them the satisfaction of ruining my ride !
I understand your sentiment completely! It's nice to live in states where our 2nd amendment rights are acknowledged, isn't it? I used to carry on a regular basis, but the only threat I ever met on farm roads were dogs, so I switched to pepper spray.