Old 08-02-14, 05:55 AM
MikeD1

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.2, Kona Dew, Centurion Dave Scott Ironman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Turned 60 a couple of weeks ago and probably feel better physically than anytime in the last 25 years. Decided in March I wanted to train for a Sprint Tri in June. In spite of having two knees that will need replacement eventually and were scheduled for scoping this April I was able to build up the running and on June 8 finished that Tri about 20 min faster than my initial hope. 5 weeks later I got silver in my age group in another Sprint tri. Looking at doing another one end of this month if a nagging groin pull eases off (have no idea where that came from). Over about the last 4 years my wife and I have really worked on base fitness: hiking, biking, pilates, yogo, swimming etc, etc. Also done a lot of experimenting with diet, avoiding virtually all processed foods and most wheat products. Try to never sit for more than 30 minutes at a time . . . will avoid prescription drugs like the plague (was supposed to go on BP drugs years ago, decided to eliminate salt, loss weight, get fitter instead). And, no question taking early retirement was HUGE. I loved my job (Special Ed teacher) but eliminating that stress made a big difference.