View Single Post
Old 08-02-14, 05:49 PM
twocicle
Clipless in Coeur d'Alene

Bikes: Tandems: Calfee Dragonfly S&S, Ventana ECDM mtb; Singles: Specialized Tarmac SL4 S-Works, Specialized Stumpjumper Pro, etal.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 2frmMI
Does -having- a right side drive make one a -proponent- of right side drive? I don't recall ever having taken a position other than with my checkbook. I would put us squarely in the camp of "gathering data" on this. The data so far are that stoker thinks we climb much better. And at whose peril shall we debate what the stoker thinks?
Originally Posted by waynesulak
Well said. My inference was made from your statement that you use it and were unlikely to ditch it. I did not give due consideration to your stokers possible input into the matter.
Not sure what Right-Side-Drive (or SSD) has to do with missing gears... basically nothing. Really, it's just a matter of chainring count as dictated by the currently available road Di2 FD limitations.

Even in a triple setup, the new mtn Di2 FD won't give you more range in the chainrings because of its severe ring capacity limitations as mentioned earlier in this thread.