View Single Post
Old 08-03-14, 12:15 PM
mprelaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by hueyhoolihan
get the fuji, you want it, i can tell. and i just happen to think it's more attractive too. i'm not sold on the seatstay/toptube offset on the GT.
Yeah, the one I had developed a crack in the seat tube in the gap between the seat stays and top tube. To be fair about it, I rode with a lot of saddle to bar drop, although the seat post was still above the minimum insertion mark. They did honor the warranty, but I decided to sell the replacement frame and move on. Dealing with them was a bigger PITA than it should have been. Even with the shop running interference for me.

i think the OP is better off buying the Fuji from the shop and supporting a local business. GT frames also tend to run smaller than comparable frames in the same size. Buying one online without getting sized on it probably isn't a good idea.

Sora is fine for a beginning rider doing his mileage. By the time he outgrows it, he'll be ready for an upgraded bike rather than an upgraded group and wheels. Unless Jalco is making better stuff now that they were when I had my GT, he'll be replacing at least the rear wheel inside of a year.

Last edited by mprelaw; 08-03-14 at 12:19 PM.