Old 08-04-14, 08:31 AM
thxxx
New and Enthusiastic

Bikes: Giant Cadex 980c

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My commute to work is approx 20k/13miles, and every time I get on the bike I push hard. Have my Garmin on the front trying to beat yesterday (or the previous days) time and slowly getting the times down. I do this both morning and evening, the morning ride being uphill more and taking about 2 mins longer (on average) than the return journey. This is affected massively however by traffic, roundabouts, a level crossing and red lights. I also have a shower at work so the sweat doesn't matter.

Unfortunately my brain is wired this way I think, as I like to take the least amount of time commuting as possible whilst increasing my fitness. I spoke to somebody about why I didn't ride in 5 days a week the other day (normally do M,T,T,F or M,W,F depending on other training), and after reflecting on it for a bit I think it's because my legs simply won't take it if I did it 5 days a week.

I think there is something satisfying about knowing that my ride, even in harsh weather, will take 50 mins max, 40 mins average, and the car journey on a good day is 30 mins, with a bad day being up to 90.

Maybe I need to find a more relaxed attitude to my commute!