mcrow
Pedal Pusher/Pundit

Bikes: Motobecane Jubilee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastfingaz
,,,, I really don't understand how one can change personality just because they're on a particular bike , few years back I used to compete in tri and duatholons all this was on a road bike and all decked out and clipped in but in that same time I also had a mountain bike and a couple of cruisers, of course when on mountain bike I used baggie bike shorts and when cruiseing just jeans or what ever, but the point is i'm still the same person with manners and cordialities, I've always been friendly no matter what bike I was on,,,whats up??
Like I said, it doesn't mean that all or even most Roadies are like that and I think it's a lot more likely for the ones that are hardcore roadies who more or less almost exclussively ride road bikes. I don't notice as much in people who ride just about any kind of bike they get their hands on. Like I said, I'm speaking of a small portion of the roadie community. I'm not painting roadies as a whole as snobs but it is more of a problem (in my experience) in the roadie crew than the MTB or general rec/fitness types.

I've actually seen multiple times where someone in a public group ride looked down on another roadie for not having a serious race style bike. I'm not talking about someone showing up to a roadie ride on a MTB, but someone showing up with a lower end road bike (perfectly good enough for a rec group ride). This is the sort of thing that irritates me about a small number of roadies. If someone isn't rolling around on a $1500+ race bike they are not worthy of riding with them. Funny thing is sometimes I see these guys struggling to keep up with people riding an entry level bike.

It's small number of people relative to the whole but there are enough of them out there to irritate a lot of people.