Old 08-08-14, 10:03 AM
wbuttry

Bikes: diamondback outlook turned commuter/ bike packer And a tour easy recumbent for on road touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I don't know all the makers of bikes custom or not only thing I care about is a bike that will get me from point A to point Z with all the other points connected. And the ability to carry what I need when I need it like racks or a trailer four panniers or two handlebar bag or not . I understand that you are wanting to list mostly custom builders and that's fine but a lot of us cant afford a custom frame that cost as much as a whole bike . But you also need to list all touring manufactures even the recumbent side I ride a tour easy recumbent lwb. made by recycled recumbents from the tour easy plans they sold in the 70's and still may sell so technically I do own a tour easy. I have toured on diamond frames for many years in my younger days now im 41 still not old but like to relax a little when riding so now the recumbent is a lot easier to tour on. Yes slower on climbing hills but a heck of a lot of fun on the down hill runs. I say I have been cycling for about 30 yrs off and on. I have always owned a bike and still own 2. I got a diamond back mtn bike I converted in to a commuter and then this tour easy in the avatar . And the diamond back I would not hesitate to take it on a weekend tour but if I am going longer than a weekend. I want my trusty steed the tour easy. Mr Carson built it specificaly for me to tour on. That is the way I had it built extra thick and rugged to hold the extra weight.