View Single Post
Old 08-10-14, 04:42 PM
P7HVN

Bikes: Fuji Comp 29r, Downtube, Tommi Sea fat bike, Nashbar SS 29r half-fat, Full suspension mini-velo/MTB, Loopwheel M-Velo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's my mini-velo. When I bought my Loopwheels last year I looked all over for a suitable mini-velo frame to put them on. Preferred something like a Cannondale Hooligan. I wanted a bike with regular MTB-type ergonomics, not something that felt like a mini-bike, but kept running into problems with BB height. This bike(Pure Fix Chief) solved my problems. It's a fixed-gear freestyle bike, with an elevated BB. I used a generic 29r fork from Nashbar and didn't even have to change crankarms(175). The Chief is around $400 and built like a tank, and has 120mm rear spacing for SS or IGH. I think a hot set-up would be one of the auto 2sp wheels from Respect Cycles($150 w/coaster brake) and maybe a long 20" tire suspension fork. I'm really happy with the results; it's roomy like a "regular" bike(I'm 5'10") and I can easily rotate the BMX-type handlebars for a different feel.