KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Those Santana's are fantastic tandems, brand new they're $3,000.

The cost to ship is more than a normal bike because it ships in an oversize box, not sure what the cost is but I would estimate $150 to $200 range; but the boxes aren't cheap probably another $45 unless you can find a used one at an LBS that's because the size of the box wood reinforcement must be used but the biggest problem is finding one if an LBS doesn't have one then it's possible you may have to have it shipped to the bike! Then it's shipped freight truck by UPS not the little brown trucks.

I would ask the seller if he has a box for it already to go, hopefully he kept the original box it came in, if he did then he shouldn't charge you for the box.

That's a very nice bike, if my wife was more into cycling I would be jumping on it because it would fit both of us.
I looked into shipping a tandem a while back and it was a fortune! I feel very fortunate to have found the one I did (Thanks noglider!). Maybe try picking up a cheaper tandem - something like a shwinn Twinn (or a town and country if you get lucky). See if she likes it...if not, you can sell it and move on without a huge loss.