View Single Post
Old 08-11-14, 08:57 AM
ChiroVette

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Whizzer283
The only thing I would do differently is to take Rockaway Beach Blvd in Rockaway rather than try to go along the bay. The bay trail has areas where superstorm Sandy stole some pavement. Here you go... Cyclemeter - Cycle - Aug 2, 2014, 1:46 PM

Totally agree with you about Rockaway Beach Blvd, which is the way I take through that area all the time. For a few weeks it was a nightmare. In early July they were tearing up the streets and it was like driving over cobblestone for intermittent parts of the route.

Thanks for the map. Unfortunately, I thought it was something else you were referring to. I was looking to go from the Kings Plaza (Mill Basin area) and make the complete circle. A lot of that route is what I was looking for but I was thinking of going from the Brooklyn Bridge segment through Williamsburg, then heading toward Cypress, then across that area in the very outskirts of Brooklyn then toward Crossbay.

Hey let me ask you something: How do you edit that map like you posted a link to to make it more of a route I would like to try? Special app? Do it through Google Maps?