View Single Post
Old 08-11-14, 10:06 AM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It was a nice ride after a weeks vacation. I was a bit out of shape and a little slow.

But on the vacation my son took it upon himself and removed his training wheels himself (I got the wrench attached for him). They were not on too tight so he had no problem unscrewing them. He was so excited and tried bit. We brought the bike home and everyone he saw he stopped and told them he had no training wheels. He was so proud.

So we spent the morning at the park practicing more with no luck and in the first ten minutes he was ready to quit since "it is too hard". I coaxed him to try some more and in the 1 km around the park he was up and going on his own (starting and stopping still sketchy). So we went and played and then he bike with us (walking) to the coffee shop and back. He did an awesome superman down a slight incline into the grass. No blood, a few tears and back on and going. We were so proud of him.

The first thing he asked was if he could ride to daycare with me. I said he needed to work up to the 7 km first, time to get a trail gator.

Last edited by joeyduck; 08-11-14 at 11:01 AM.