View Single Post
Old 08-11-14, 01:00 PM
Whizzer283

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale CAAD 10, 1985 Nishiki Prestige single speed conversion, 2018 Cervelo R5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiroVette
Totally agree with you about Rockaway Beach Blvd, which is the way I take through that area all the time. For a few weeks it was a nightmare. In early July they were tearing up the streets and it was like driving over cobblestone for intermittent parts of the route.

Thanks for the map. Unfortunately, I thought it was something else you were referring to. I was looking to go from the Kings Plaza (Mill Basin area) and make the complete circle. A lot of that route is what I was looking for but I was thinking of going from the Brooklyn Bridge segment through Williamsburg, then heading toward Cypress, then across that area in the very outskirts of Brooklyn then toward Crossbay.

Hey let me ask you something: How do you edit that map like you posted a link to to make it more of a route I would like to try? Special app? Do it through Google Maps?
I'd like to be able to help but my experience in editing routes in maps (irregardless of the application) has been a disappointment. Whether it was in MayMyRide or Google Maps, map editing doesn't seem very functional.

The loop your describing starts taking you into parts of Brooklyn that are poorly serviced with bike routes. If you're interested in discovering new NYC bike paths, Transportation Alternatives' NYC Century Tour (nyccentury.org) is a good option. The route changes each year to take advantage of new additions to NYC's bike infrastructure. I found this map from the 2010 Tour NYC Century Bike Tour (rough estimate) in New York, NY, United States | MapMyRide

Not only may you uncover a new favorite path, but you can feel good about the entry fee as TA has been the most vocal and effective proponent of cycling infrastructure in the 5 boroughs

Last edited by Whizzer283; 08-11-14 at 01:03 PM. Reason: whoops