View Single Post
Old 08-11-14, 01:23 PM
ChiroVette

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Whizzer283
I'd like to be able to help but my experience in editing routes in maps (irregardless of the application) has been a disappointment. Whether it was in MayMyRide or Google Maps, map editing doesn't seem very functional.

The loop your describing starts taking you into parts of Brooklyn that are poorly serviced with bike routes. If you're interested in discovering new NYC bike paths, Transportation Alternatives' NYC Century Tour (nyccentury.org) is a good option. The route changes each year to take advantage of new additions to NYC's bike infrastructure. I found this map from the 2010 Tour NYC Century Bike Tour (rough estimate) in New York, NY, United States | MapMyRide

Not only may you uncover a new favorite path, but you can feel good about the entry fee as TA has been the most vocal and effective proponent of cycling infrastructure in the 5 boroughs
Dying to do the Century this year, but my band is playing GratefulFest on that Sunday, and we go on at 12:00 way up in Centerport Long Island. This is kind of the route I envisioned. I made it on Google maps about 2 years ago, but never got around to riding the entire thing. You are right that some of the streets are not cycle friendly, which is why I made the map as "walking routes," because Google Maps doesn't let you force a route if the software feels that your bike doesn't belong there. Here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6585...8882989b?hl=en