Old 08-11-14, 04:09 PM
thugpipe

Bikes: 2011 Origin 8 Bully, 2010 Dahon Silvertip, 2016 Respect Mini Velo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smallwheeler
i'm envisioning a bike that is essentially a dual purpose city bike with an aggressive headtube angle and shallow fork rake for responsive handling in traffic and rapidly shifting pathways. this bike would also have a long wheelbase for stability, comfort and improved handling.
this is my first attempt at this, so if i am way off base in understanding the principles here, please correct me.
Well exact same wheelbase as my bully. You must be much taller than me based on your seat height but you are going to be positioned way forward and much higher I'd be very careful under heavy braking, I already have to slide back past the seat regularly to counter balance. My bike has a very aggressive stance and is great in tight traffic but I have 5° shallower head tube(72°), never ridden any bike with as steep of a steerer as you show, I have no idea if its a good thing or a bad one. My silvertip has 1° steeper steerer (73°) and I am very slightly forward in comparison to the bully and it does not feel as stable at speed with little aid to low speed maneuvering but that could be any number of things.
Did you shift everything forward just change the weight distribution for your rear rack?
I have always wanted to mock up an adjustable test frame to try some things out. If you end up building it Id love to see it in person you are roughly in my neighborhood.