View Single Post
Old 08-11-14, 05:05 PM
smallwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by thugpipe
Well exact same wheelbase as my bully. You must be much taller than me based on your seat height but you are going to be positioned way forward and much higher I'd be very careful under heavy braking, I already have to slide back past the seat regularly to counter balance. My bike has a very aggressive stance and is great in tight traffic but I have 5° shallower head tube(72°), never ridden any bike with as steep of a steerer as you show, I have no idea if its a good thing or a bad one. My silvertip has 1° steeper steerer (73°) and I am very slightly forward in comparison to the bully and it does not feel as stable at speed with little aid to low speed maneuvering but that could be any number of things.
Did you shift everything forward just change the weight distribution for your rear rack?
I have always wanted to mock up an adjustable test frame to try some things out. If you end up building it Id love to see it in person you are roughly in my neighborhood.
yep. the seatpost is 10cm too high. as i said, this is a doodle. i did it very quickly as an ideation exercise. the basic concept is what i was going for. however, i agree with what you say re: the headtube angle. what i was attempting was a combination of the maneuverability and handling of a polo bike with the stability and comfort of, say, a moulton.

i think it's an optical illusion that everything looks shifted forward.

i'm definitely going to commission a bike build. of course, there will be a lot of refinement prior to.

actually, i have several virtual bikes that have been kicking around in my head for awhile. i suppose i should commit to one concept and develop it to completion...

after putting a few thousand miles on a brompton and recently having the opportunity to ride a bridgestone moulton, it's pretty much confirmed for me that sir alex and mr. ritchie were definitely on to something. i really love this wheel size. consequently, i also have a few ideas for 349 builds..