Old 08-12-14, 09:22 AM
bargeon

Bikes: Fuji, Focus,Felt. 20 more letters to go.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 22 Posts
Hello CBR. I just unearthed this thread in a search. I had the same decision and opted for the Fuji. Better late than never and FWIW I'll comment here rather than start another thread.

Your observation about the general quality of the Fuji is in line with other comments I've heard and I based my decision pretty much on that. The grips are better and the bike is generally more comfortable for me. Fact is, the Crosstrail, Traverse and the Giant Roam are all good bikes and so close that any one would be a good choice.

But the Fuji as one tragic flaw (or petty annoyance, depending on your situation): Routing the cables under the top crossbar. This requires a bit of extra caution loading on to your car rack as the cables can snag on the cradles and it potentially snags your water bottle if you have a tall one. I suspect the design minimizes exposure to road dirt and water but it's a trade off.

I dealt with the first situation by buying an adapter bar for transporting and the second by buying a shorter water bottle. But if I had it to do again, I'd likely opt for the Roam or the Crosstrail. When the bikes are this close in overall quality the features start to make the difference.