Old 08-12-14, 02:41 PM
nuke_diver

Bikes: early 80's steel 12speed, CAAD10-3 2013

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
People far nobler than he was live and die in total obscurity. We worship celebrity. I'll really not miss him.
Everything I have ever read or heard about him (before his death) said that he was a very kind person. Even though he was a celebrity he did not hold himself above others. He noted for walking/talking/riding with folks that happened to say hi to him around Marin

Case in point

Just read this brief story, "Robin Williams And The No ******* Rule"
https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...o-*******-rule

...And I have an especially revealing story about how Robin treated others. Back in 2006, I spent several days in a recording studio in San Francisco narrating the audio version of my book The No ******* Rule. At one point, I read a part about how, in my opinion, one of the best tests of a human being is how well or badly he or she treats others with less power. Right after I read this section, the two engineers I was working with began talking about various famous people they had worked with in this and other studios over the years.

I asked them: Who was the most civilized and who was the biggest *******? They answered the second question first -- they both agreed that the biggest ******* was Dr. Phil. It took them a few minutes longer to answer the first question, but they soon agreed it was Robin Williams. They declined to give me any details about Dr. Phil, but were quite specific about why Robin was their favorite: He talked to them, asked for their opinions, joked with them, asked if they were comfortable, and in general treated them with warmth and respect.

Robin was, in the eyes of those two engineers, a first-rate human-being, a mensch. We all die, the least of us manage that. Few of us leave such an astounding legacy -- in ways both large and small. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Not sure why that link doesn't work here...it worked elsewhere