Old 08-13-14, 02:21 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 312 Times in 220 Posts
Originally Posted by MichelleOH
Update to this issue: In May, when this thread was active, I began talking with a guy at Trek about how to order the Signature Green 7.4 FX. Basically, I was told I couldn't (which still makes NO SENSE to me). So, I dropped the idea and began thinking of other models. Then I got an email from him: "Great news!" He went on to say the green model would be available in a couple months. I was to keep quiet since even the dealers weren't aware of it yet. So, I kept quiet and bided my time.

I kept checking the website and was seeing all the updates to the other bikes but not the one I was after.

Then, a few days ago I got another email from him that the bike was available. I had been watching Trek update their website and hadn't yet seen the 7.4 update with the green. I asked about it and was told to check with my dealer as they can see all available colors that aren't yet listed on the website. So today, I waited for my dealer to open and went in, ready to order.

Guess what…the dude at Trek was "confused" and had been talking about the 7.3 FX - DuoTrap S in Lime the ENTIRE time. It couldn't have been more clear in the model I wanted or the color. In fact, it is the title of our email. I also mentioned the color on numerous occasions just to be certain. I am SO disappointed in Trek and I'm not sure if I'll be back as a customer. How can you screw that up?? I could maybe understand getting one thing wrong (model/color), but not both. And it wasn't just once.

I replied to his "oops" email about how disappointed I am and he sent me another asking if I've seen the 7.5 WSD in Seaglass Sangria. WHAT???? You have GOT to be kidding me.

I will say that I was quite pleased with Trek's customer service until today when I realized my entire summer has been spent waiting for a bike that, for some reason, is made by Trek but cannot be had in N. America and the person I had been working with was completely clueless about what I want.

We are actually considering selling both of our Treks and going elsewhere. That's how upset we (as a bike buying family) are with this. I'm just venting here and finishing the story since many of you chimed in originally.
Trek's website doesn't even show a Lime 7.3 FX, so what the hell is that Trek representative talking about anyway?

Which brand will you consider switching to?