Bike Gremlin
Mostly harmless ™

Bikes: Heavy, with friction shifters

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 216 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by dynaryder
FYI,spitting is considered assault in many places.
It was about the part where it is illegal and would be fined by a judge. After being spat, or even slapped on the face, if the attacker didn't continue attacking you, in my country it would technically be illegal for you to strike back. You'd have to press charges for insult/assault.

Originally Posted by dynaryder
A better analogy would be if you said something insulting to someone and they punched you for it. Also note,whether the video'r intended to block the BMX rider or not,the BMX ride was breaking the law by undertaking. So he got ticked he couldn't do an illegal move and struck out against the video'r for it. You really can't get mad at someone for not letting you break the law.
Why can't you? In my country it is illegal not to use a bike track where there is one. However, on a part of my commute, there is a place that usually gets blocked by lots of pedestrians not paying attention and vehicles parking in and out. Some 200 meters. I always use the road in that part of the commute, instead of bike track. It is technically illegal, braking the law. Once a BMW driver drove beside me and turned onto me, pushing me off the road, because he thought I had no place there. Had I been able to catch him, I would probably have ended up in jail, but I really got pissed and wanted to retaliate.