Old 08-14-14, 08:03 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by globecanvas
Yes. I love that you won by a wide margin on 170 watts average. He probably averaged 270 or more. Great lesson.

PS. our Israeli-Dutch friend says hi, he was in town last week, all kitted out in his new Team Amsterdam duds. He's looking very euro-pro. But he still can't climb
Your teammate was on the front pulling for something like 2 of the last 3 laps. I think the only reason why he didn't pull more is that the blue/red/yellow team tried to do a leadout, then a yellow, then a CCB guy sort of opened things up. Based on my camera footage I never shot a gap, I just jumped in a straight line. I think the fact that there was someone next to me made me think I shot a gap.

I sat up for 11 seconds in the sprint. Sprinted for only 10 seconds. So I did 964w avg until I sat up. Seems like it would have been a 19, maybe 20 second sprint (if I could take 2 seconds off my actual finish time considering I sprinted for 10s and then coasted for 10s? I think that would be asking a lot to go 2 seconds faster in 21 seconds).

I need to find my gloves. Between the car thing, some other relatively minor stress/distractions, Junior, I managed to misplace my favorite long finger gloves. I forgot to pack them when I went to drop the car off at the dealership then forgot to look for them before leaving 30 minutes late for the Tues race.

My chainring was audibly rubbing my chainstay. The 44T is visibly worn on the inside on one part of the ring (the spider isn't totally straight). I haven't gotten around to swapping the 39T yet since I have to find one first.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson