Old 08-14-14, 02:15 PM
agmetal

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe, ANT 3-speed roadster, New Albion Privateer singlespeed, Raleigh One Way singlespeed, Raleigh Professional "retro roadie" rebuild, 198? Fuji(?) franken-5-speed, 1937 Raleigh Tourist, 1952 Raleigh Sports, 1966 Raleigh Sports step-through

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Shortest-reach 25.4mm clamp diameter drop handlebars?

I'm trying to make my vintage Fuji Royale II fit me more comfortably, and it seems like the way to do that is to shorten the reach of the bars and/or stem. I'd like to stay with a classic-looking quill stem like what I have (and ideally, keep the one I already have). The bars were slightly bent recently, when the bike was brushed by a car backing into a nearby try when my bike was locked up outside where I work, so I was thinking about replacing them anyway.

The bars on it now are Nitto Olympiade B114s, and if I've measured the reach correctly (center of "tops" to center of "hook"), I'm getting right around 5"/130mm. I'm trying to shorten the reach by maybe an inch and a half to be closer to my other bike (2011 Bianchi Volpe with its stock Reparto Corse compact drops), and I saw the Nitto B115 and B105, but I can't tell what the difference is. It looks like the 115 has a 100mm reach, and I saw one place where the 105 was listed as having a 65mm reach, but it looked like that may have only been in the 37cm width, and I want 40cm.