View Single Post
Old 08-15-14, 04:36 AM
RoadTire 

Bikes: '09 Trek 2.1 * '75 Sekine * 2010 Raleigh Talus 8.0 * '90 Giant Mtb * Raleigh M20 * Fuji Nevada mtb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by danmc
Those mini-pumps that look really cool don't seem to do much. You'll spend 20 minutes pumping away to only get it up to a barely rideable level...I also carry a CO2 dispenser but rarely use it ...

About inflation speed: are you finding the CO2 method is fast? I am carrying them this year so that I don't have to carry a pump on my regular rides, but never have used one.

I'll have to disagree on the the generalization of mini-pumps though. My mini-morph, with L handle and hose, will get a 1 1/8 in (32 mm) 27 in tire up to 95 w/o undue effort or time. 60-something strokes if I remember correctly, about 1 per second. That is a long time compared to a floor pump, but for occasional and reliable use very satisfactory, especially in 40 deg weather or below. I used mine just yesterday to see that it still works, to top off my 25 (measured 27) mm at 80 / 90 quickly.

At 160 lbs that's a pretty firm ride for me. You are at 180, what width tires and pressure are you running?
FB4K - Every October we wrench on donated bikes. Every December, a few thousand kids get bikes for Christmas. For many, it is their first bike, ever. Every bike, new and used, was donated, built, cleaned and repaired. Check us out on FaceBook: FB4K.

Disclaimer: 99% of what I know about cycling I learned on BF. That would make, ummm, 1% experience. And a lot of posts.