-=(8)=-
♋ ☮♂ ☭ ☯

Bikes: Sngl Spd's, 70's- 80's vintage, D-tube Folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
When I worked at a factory that made baby formula, we made our name brand version and also the version that went to Walmart. Our name brand stuff had the modern,most recently developed formulation for maximal nutrition and flavor. The walmart labeled stuff was made using a recipe that was two iterations old. Still ok, not the best or most current. Both made in the same factory by the same people. Both probably healthful for your baby (assuming I didn't let a bad batch slip through in my job in Quality Control/Assurance), but not quite equivalent.
WALMART is a financial thug/powerhouse that strongarms many companies into doing that under threat. BD is different ~ They have absolutely no market leverage or reason to demand that. They are simply working a deal with other bike companies, mostly Fuji and KHS, to redecal some of their models. Bianchi does the same thing, lots of companies do. Unless they are Giant, most larger name recognition LBS bikes are the same. Made by Maxway or one the four other huge frame conglomerates with different shimano/sram/whatever parts hung on them. I think the liability laws in america are incentive for all of these generic frame makers to turn out a product that is not too bad on any level. I recently bought one of those single speed Schwinn "signature" models for about 175.00 as a commuting mule, and was surprised at how well the frame was made. A lot of the other parts were not to my liking, but the frame was totally worth the price of the bike
If you are in the Ville and see a bright pink Schwinn with blue bull horns, that is me!

Last edited by -=(8)=-; 08-15-14 at 05:50 AM.