View Single Post
Old 08-15-14, 06:29 AM
MDcatV

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
i'm sure farrar is actually an amazing sprinter (to even be anywhere near that level on the international scene--even losing-- one has to be very, very good)...but he is just so damn whiney. does anyone really enjoy watching him and/or root for him? seems like he's often got someone to blame for his crash or his loss.

maybe i've missed the positive points to his character. i'm sure they're there, but while he is a professional athlete he is not so professional at post-race composure.
conjecture, but i think he's just an emotional guy who a) feels the pressure to perform; b) hasn't delivered consistently so feels the pressure even more; c) is frustrated by that; d) wears emotions on his sleeve; e) gets english speaking mic and camera in front of him before he's had a chance to have the post race adrenaline subside; and doesnt come off very well because of that. proof in the pudding is that he's always been a second tier sprinter relative to his peers but the toolbox to compete against classics guys just isnt filled with enough tools. from 40,000 foot view, his career would probably have been best as a leadout man, rather than a closer.