View Single Post
Old 08-15-14, 11:07 AM
ChiroVette

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferdinand NYC
Queens is actually not bad to bicycle in.....

Wow, your entire post is absolutely AMAZING information. I am going to read and digest it as you obviously know all the ins and outs of cycling in Queens!

I may elicit your help for a nice ride I am planning (or hell, you and others in the forum may want to join me on it). I have the route almost completely mapped out in terms of the other boroughs and leaving Queens. But here is the ride I want to plan.

I live in the Bergen Beach (Mill Basin) area of Brooklyn, very close to Kings Plaza. The ride I want to do is to start around there, then go up to the Belt Parkway Bike Path, then West, then into Coney Island, then Bensonhurst and pick up the Greenway at Ceasar's Bay; under the Verrazzano, then 3rd Ave, Hamilton, etc.., to the Brooklyn Bridge; then into Manhattan, to Battery Park, grab the Greenway on the west side to the George Washington. From there, into the Bronx, passing Yankees Stadium. Then from there, Southwest into Queens, Woodhaven to Crossbay to the Belt parkway bike path, and finish the circle.

The leg of the trip I am having trouble planning, however, is basically going from Yankee Stadium to wherever I pick up Queens Blvd and Woodhaven. It is a very confusing stretch, up to and including the Triborough Bridge. I mapped it out with Google Maps set for traveling by bike, but it is an awful lot to remember all those turns and I don't have a turn-by-turn GPS for the bike.